Monday, October 31, 2011

Days 81-85

Can I be honest?  I have had a disappointing few days.  Haven't bounced back from treatment #6 as I did from treatment #5.  This time two weeks ago I was feeling really good.  Today I still feel "yucky" and tired.  Sometimes being the eternal optimist isn't all it's cracked up to be.  Now I need to get a grip and remind myself how very blessed I am to be doing as well as I am.  I could always be feeling worse.  I need to remind myself that even gradual improvement each day is GOOD.  And just because I don't feel as good as I think I should, that does not mean that I am not doing well.

Tomorrow is a BIG DAY!!  At 8:00 I will have a PETScan that will tell my oncologist how much progress we have made in fighting this cancer.  I "feel" like the chemo has been fighting the good fight, but the scan will confirm it.  I am offering a "twofer" for this event.  You can pray a two-pronged prayer:  one - that I remain calm . . .  and two - that the test results will be AMAZING!!  Even though I won't learn the results until next week, I will be so happy to just have the test done.  Can you believe that in preparation for the scan, I could not have carbs or sugars this afternoon and night????  What???  On Halloween???  You can be assured that I will make up for that tomorrow.  I have some Reese"s Peanut Butter Cups stashed!!!

I hope that everyone has had a safe Halloween and I wish you all a Happy November!!

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment