Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Days 53-58

Sorry for not updating sooner.  Wish I could claim that I have been "too busy," but that would be a lie. Simply put . . . I have just not felt good.  I know that I could have felt much worse.  The 25% reduction in chemo and the extra week to recover and gain strength before my 4th treatment really made a difference.  I am most grateful.  No mouth sores this time!  Yeah!!!!!  The weakness and periodic waves of nausea just drive me crazy!!  Also, today I began a new medicine - prilosec.  It should help with the acid reflux that burns my stomach and throat.  It's just like the doctor said "If you tell us everything - tell us what is wrong - we will fix it!"

Tomorrow morning is BIG!!  I will have a CTScan at 9:45 a.m. that will let the doctor know what, if any, progress the chemotherapy has made in my body.  All decisions for further treatment will rest upon those results.  See what I mean?  It's BIG.  I probably won't know the results until next Tuesday when I  meet with my doctor again.  I would appreciate your prayers that we will receive good results.

Also would appreciate your prayers that I will feel like going with Dana and the grandkids to see Mom in Tuscaloosa Friday.

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment