Saturday, September 24, 2011

Days 46-48

I have come to realize over the past few days how much we take for granted when our health is good.  Just the routine, simple errands and chores that are so common most of the time take on great significance when you haven't felt like doing them for a while.  And what am I talking about, you ask?  Well . . . after being able to work for a few hours Wednesday, I was able to stop at the Post Office to buy stamps and drop by the bank to get some money!!  It was so GOOD to be out and about. 

Then Thursday my son and I drove to Tuscaloosa to see my Mom for the first time since June.  I was determined to start out driving, but took Daniel along to ride shotgun and to take over for me when I got too tired.  HOWEVER . . . I was not only able to drive all the way there, but I drove back home also.  How amazing is that???  And I wish you could have seen my Mom's face when we arrived.  I had called an hour before we got there to give her a warning, because I didn't want to give her a heart attack when she came to the door.  To say that she was happy to see me would be an understatement.  As a Mom [or Dad] you can imagine what it would be like to not be able to see your child [even if she is almost 65] when you know she is sick and having a rough time.  So even though we talk on the phone every day, she just needed to see that I am really okay.  Mission accomplished!



I have been able to buy groceries!  I have enjoyed a totally awesome Alabama win over Arkansas!  I even enjoyed doing a little housework.  Now I am looking forward to going to Sunday School and church in the morning.  I have really missed my church family for the past two weeks!  Then to "put the cherry on top" we will travel to Madison tomorrow evening to get some hugs from my wonderful grandkids!!  It doesn't get any better than that.

My 4th treatment will be Tuesday, but for now I'm just enjoying one day at a time and appreciating being able to do the simple things in life.  Hope you are too.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I am SO glad that you are feeling well and able to do the things most people take for granted. You look fabulous in the pictures you posted and I'm glad to see a BIG smile on both your & Grandmom's faces! I love you!

Jackie Smith said...

Fantastic news Sandra! Your Mom looks wonderful (and happy!). I'm sure you both enjoyed a great visit. Moms never stop being moms and I'm sure she feels a lot better having spent some time with you.

Will be sending hugs your way tomorrow -

Jackie Smith

Post a Comment