Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Days 43-45

I am happy to report that I am ME again.  It began Monday and continues today!!  Tuesday, when I met with my wonderful and caring doctor, he and I agreed that I could have an "extra" week to let my body recover to some sort of normalcy.  Yeah!!!  He said that my counts were really good and that it would not be detrimental to take an extra week.

On Monday I received a phone call from a friend/co-worker saying that she would drop by our house that evening.  I was excited to have company - especially since I actually felt like having company.  Anyway . . . she and another of my friend/co-workers arrived at 6:00 with a beautiful box FULL of cards full of humor, good wishes, encouragement, and some gift cards.  It was an unexpected, but greatly appreciated surprise.  Now whenever I feel "down in the dumps" I'll open my box of cards and be lifted and encouraged!!  What a wonderful gift!!

Yesterday, I got a wonderful UPS surprise.  Friends from Tuscaloosa sent me me a great BAMA gift bag!!  I red tote with my initials embroidered on it full of a Roll Tide t-shirt, Bama earrings, two shakers and two houndstooth can holders.  Now I am ready for Saturday!!

So . . . today I went to work for 2.5 hours.  It was so good to see everyone and to get caught up on a few things at the office.  I miss my friends and my job, but everything is being taken care of by the best friends/co-workers anyone could ever have.

And tomorrow . . . my son and I are headed to see my mother in Tuscaloosa.  I haven't seen here since June!!  I'm not telling her ahead of time though, just in case something happens at the last minute.  I'll call her once we are on our way so I won't give her a heart attack when we show up at her front door.  I'm really looking forward to letting her see me and see that I am doing okay.

I can't express how happy I am right now to have a few good days before having the 4th treatment.  This is a scary and "uncomfortable" adventure that I am on, but I am so blessed to have my family, my church family and my Calhoun family.  They keep me enveloped in love and encouragement.  I couldn't ask for more.

2 comments:

Jackie Smith said...

So good to talk with you today Sandra! Think of you often while I am working - sometimes wonder what Sandra would say about this or that - and smile. We have so many fun memories (let's focus on those) to look back on. You always make me laugh. Do you realize what a gift you have? A rare and special friend you are -

Jackie Smith

Sarah (and a few others) said...

I'm glad you are feeling better this week!

Post a Comment