Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Days 37-38

Today is Wednesday, Day 38 since this journey began.  At CCI yesterday, the doctor said that he is worried about me.  I seem to have lost my positive spirit.  I agree!!  I am worried about me, but I am trying to hold on to my positive spirit.  It is very difficult.  By this time [the week after treatment], I usually feel pretty good.  Not 100%, but good.  I would be driving a little and managing to run some errands.  Not this time.  Apparently three chemo treatments cause quite a toll on a person's body.  I am still weak and my mouth is better, but I am still not able to eat much.  If this sounds like a pity party, I don't mean for it to be.  I am just being honest about  how I feel.  When I go next week for treatment 4, the doctor said he might give me an extra week off so my body can recoup.  That's sounds really good to me.

I am trying to remain positive and am counting my blessings today.  Thanks to each of you who reads this for your prayers and encouragement.  I know some of you check the blog, but don't leave a comment.  I would really like to see some comments this time.

5 comments:

Jessica M said...

Sounds like you have an attentive and sensitive doctor. How wonderful! Hope you get a little recoup time. You and your family are always in our prayers.

Sarah (and a few others) said...

Oh love, you are in our prayers. That's a lot of chemo to go through!

Sonja said...

We haven't met yet, but I am a friend of Dana's and both of you have been in my prayers! You have an amazing family and I consider myself lucky to know them. It is evident to me everyday just how much they love you. I hope things improve soon! Take care, Sonja

Julie said...

I'm sure it's hard to stay positive, when you're body is going through so much. I'm glad the doctor is keeping a close eye on you and can make adjustments. I love you so much and am praying for you constantly. Keep your head up and text/call/face time whenever!

Dahnelle said...

Praying for you also. When so many people are praying for you, sometimes you can actually feel the strength coming from above. I hope you can feel all of our prayers.

Post a Comment