Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 39-42

Here I sit at the computer.  Which means I am not in church.  Again.  That's two weeks in a row I have not felt like getting ready to go to church.  I feel like a limp dish rag [a very old analogy/saying].  Using hindsight, I should have rested more yesterday so I could have energy for today.  Who knew that getting groceries in the morning and cheering for Bama last night could deplete my energy??  Guess I'll know better next time.  At least Bama won.

Over the past few days I have gotten some better.  My mouth is almost completely healed, which means that I can eat a better variety of foods!  Now if the food would just taste as good as I want it to that would be great!!  The worst part now is the weakness.  I would compare it to being on a roller coaster.  One minute I feel pretty good, then the bottom drops out and I barely can function.  It's just crazy!!!!

Thanks to those of you who left comments last time.  I enjoy your encouraging words.  A special thanks to a friend of Dana's who sent me some amazing cookies that were created especially for people on chemo.  How cool is that!!!

I am supposed to have my 4th treatment Tuesday.  I am going to ask the doctor if I could postpone it for one more week so my body could heal a little more and I could feel "good" for a few days.  Also, I would love to be able to visit my mother.  She is 86, lives by herself in Tuscaloosa, and is quite concerned about me.  I haven't been able to go visit in a few months so I think it would do us both good to have a face-to-face.  Hopefully, that will work out.

Wishing each of you a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment