Monday, August 22, 2011

Days 13-14

Sunday was a good day for mom. :)
She went to church and felt good pretty much all day.

Isn't "good" just the loveliest word?

Today, she went in to work bright and early. I mean, by 7:15am, bright and early. *yawn*
Mom works at Calhoun College and today was the first day of classes. She was determined to be there.
Well, not only was she "there"...but she lasted the ENTIRE DAY! What??
But why not? She felt GOOD.

As if that wasn't enough, Mom's co-workers surprised her with a little party and SCADS of gifts/food/$...just the kindest and most thoughtful things ever! No wonder Mom misses her work when she's not there...they are like family after all these years. I don't think it's possible for these wonderful people to be more supportive and loving towards Mom. They are GEMS.

Side story...Mom's first partial day back at work last week found everyone, of course, excited to see her. This one lady heard Mom's voice and came out of a meeting to latch on to Mom with the biggest hug you can imagine. Mom said this friend just squeezed her and cried...she said she could literally feel the strength coming from this friend into her body.
I cannot stress enough how grateful I am to this "family" mom has created over the years. What a support system she has! It literally brings me to tears.

Two things to take away for today...?
~ Hugs are powerful things. Don't be stingy with them. Show love and show it often.
~ I still really like the word GOOD! It makes me quite happy. :)

1 comment:

Dahnelle said...

OK, now that I talked to you I can comment. I think it's amazing that she was able to sty at work all day. I know I told you, but now she can read that even though I don't know her much in person I really, really like your mom.

Post a Comment